Control all grouped sonos using TV remote control (via Playbar)

Show first post

57 replies

I'm an Android user too (mostly), but one only needs an iOS device to configure the xPRESS keypads. After that they operate independently.

But, yes, they are quite pricey. However they're pretty customisable (a 'scene' will group defined players and preset volumes, and 'favourites' are a selected subset of Sonos Favorites sources), and unlike some alternatives they don't require a hub as they connect directly to WiFi.

The SYMFONISK thing does look interesting.
I already own a Playbar and recently purchased a Play 1. One thing I find invaluable is being able to control the Playbar using the TV remote, even if playing music. It is very intuitive and easy to use.

What I've noticed however is that now when grouped with the play 1 the TV remote volume control only manages the Playbar vs. the whole group volume.

Is there a way to add an option to have the TV remote control either only the Playbar or the whole group volume once grouped?

Would help to extend the handy and intuitive control the bring the volume up and down across the rooms.
I'd love to have this feature implemented too!
Its an absolute pain in the neck. I like many here spent a lot of money on the Playbar with surround speakers.

To all the patronising comments on here saying nobody uses the system like this, sorry you are totally wrong and Sonos both market it to work like that and have a wizard for setting up surround speakers.

Its a design oversight and an awful setup, my girfriend hates it because she cant control the volume on the TV without asking me to use my phone to change the surround speakers.

The arrogance of Sonos staff to dismiss this is fairly typical Ive noticed. On to the next product poorly implenented, the minute there a rival product I will be switching.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Its a design oversight and an awful setup, my girfriend hates it because she cant control the volume on the TV without asking me to use my phone to change the surround speakers.

Are you sure you have the rear speakers set up as surrounds? My TV remote turns up/down the volume of my Playbase and rear surround One’s without needing to touch the app on my phone.
As stated, if you have indeed setup surround speakers, they will be controlled by the remote's volume. This thread is about grouped speakers. Methinks you need to configure your system correctly.
Its an absolute pain in the neck. I like many here spent a lot of money on the Playbar with surround speakers.

To all the patronising comments on here saying nobody uses the system like this, sorry you are totally wrong and Sonos both market it to work like that and have a wizard for setting up surround speakers.

The arrogance of Sonos staff to dismiss this is fairly typical Ive noticed. On to the next product poorly implenented, the minute there a rival product I will be switching.

tommy d, if you stop the rear speakers as surround speakers, it works perfectly. Controlling the TV volume also controls de surround speakers volume. The problem this thread talks about is when you have your soundbar grouped with other soakers on the house (that are not surround), in this case, you do have to use your phone to control the volume of those grouped speakers.