Connection to Deezer lost - only on some albums.

My Sonos with Deezer premium account plays all of the songs I have queued up, but on a couple of selected albums it skips and says that the connection to Deezer was lost. It has been like this for a few days. The albums are in my Deezer library and can be played through my android tablet speakers via Deezer, but not the Sonos.

127 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello J,

Audio issues could be due to interference or wireless setting conflicts. Have you tried multiple services and stations to see if you experience the same problems or is it just isolated to random albums on Deezer? Do you see the same albums skip? 

Take a look at this link, it has possible causes and potential solutions to help with this. Sometimes changes as minor as making sure to separate your wireless router and the Sonos devices by three or more feet, or as far as the cable allows, will improve audio streaming.

Please also submit a diagnostic after these tests and after you experience an issue. I'll be happy to take a look. Please reply back with your number here. 
I signed up for Deezer and gave up the first day and cancelled the account.  It wasnt an issue with Sonos but with Deezer.  Their billing system seems to be broken as I ended up with two accounts and then I started getting a lot of errors even just playing music via my laptop/computer.  If this is Premium I'd hate to see what the standard account is like.  Overall, very disappointed.
Hello J,

Audio issues could be due to interference or wireless setting conflicts. Have you tried multiple services and stations to see if you experience the same problems or is it just isolated to random albums on Deezer? Do you see the same albums skip? 

Take a look at this link, it has possible causes and potential solutions to help with this. Sometimes changes as minor as making sure to separate your wireless router and the Sonos devices by three or more feet, or as far as the cable allows, will improve audio streaming.

Please also submit a diagnostic after these tests and after you experience an issue. I'll be happy to take a look. Please reply back with your number here. 

I have tried separating the Bridge further from the router to no effect. It effects the same 2 albums on Deezer - everything else plays fine.

I have submitted diagnostics number 4018347.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello J,

Hello J,

Since you're having issues with particular albums and songs, we can focus on those as well test other tracks. 

We're still seeing a significant amount of interference on the system. Please take a look at your router settings, the Sonos system is currently set to channel 6. Try placing your router on channel 1 or 11 and test again. Ensure that it is not 'auto-channeling' which causes the router to constantly change the wireless channel and could cause conflict. Take a look at this page to help you change Sonos' wireless channel. We can also change the channel on Sonos as well to see if we can improve it as well. (NOTE: we want to ensure Sonos is on 1, 6 or 11 and the router on the opposite channel as well.)

After you make those changes, please test again and submit another diagnostic if you have further issues. Please also list the songs and albums that you experience issues with and we can test on our side as well. 
Hello J,

The router is set to channel 11 and the Sonos channel 1. The Bridge is as far from the router as the cable will allow.

The first album to cause problems is Frank Ocean - Channel Orange. Everything else plays fine.

I have submitted diagnostics number 4019772.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello J,

Hello J,

I'm still seeing the error messages regarding those tracks. I'd recommend when you have some time, that you call into our support line so that we can further troubleshoot the issue with you live. 

I've created an incident for you, reference number: 140922-001108
Userlevel 1
I'm also experiencing similar problems with deezer premium+ and sonos. Certain tracks play. Certain others don't and give the error cited above.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I'm also experiencing similar problems with deezer premium+ and sonos. Certain tracks play. Certain others don't and give the error cited above.
Hello David,

If you are experiencing similar problems as listed above, I'd recommend that you call in to our support line so we can take a look with you live. 
Same issues...very unreliable connection to Deezer...driving me bananas.... Diagnostic is 4226063
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello User545568,

Thank you for including the diagnostic. We are seeing the drop outs from Deezer that you mentioned.

There are a few questions we'll want to address to see if we can clear up the drop outs:
How far away is your PLAY:1 from your router? Have you tested other serivces such as Radio, to see if you experience the same drop outs? 

Try these steps:
Reboot your router. Unplug your router from power for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in to power.Wait for the network to come back up. Then test the connection again.
- Reboot your player. Unplug your player from power and then plug it back in. Once the light goes solid white, please test again. 
- Test other services. Play other services and see if the audio drops out. 

Grab another diagnostic after these tests and we'll be happy to take another look. 
Thanks for reply. I rebooted modem & Sonos unit...which is approx 7feet from modem. Still same issue with Deezer downloads...gets approx 30 seconds into each track and then drops into next track. Tested radio & that is working well ...it may have dropped once during whole album...not 100% sure if it did drop. So I still have same issues with Deezer tracks ... Would appreciate resolution as currently my whole Sonos experience is not at all as I expected... Cheers.
Thanks for reply. I rebooted modem & Sonos unit...which is approx 7feet from modem. Still same issue with Deezer downloads...gets approx 30 seconds into each track and then drops into next track. Tested radio & that is working well ...it may have dropped once during whole album...not 100% sure if it did drop. So I still have same issues with Deezer tracks ... Would appreciate resolution as currently my whole Sonos experience is not at all as I expected... Cheers. Latest diagnostic 4236677
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thanks for reply. I rebooted modem & Sonos unit...which is approx 7feet from modem. Still same issue with Deezer downloads...gets approx 30 seconds into each track and then drops into next track. Tested radio & that is working well ...it may have dropped once during whole album...not 100% sure if it did drop. So I still have same issues with Deezer tracks ... Would appreciate resolution as currently my whole Sonos experience is not at all as I expected... Cheers. Latest diagnostic 4236677
Thanks for the diagnostic. 

Please try these additional tests:

- Try removing and re-adding Deezer. To do so from your computer, please select: Manage > Service Settings > select Deezer > 'Remove' or ' - ' then select 'Add' or ' + ' > Deezer > enter your username and password.
- As a test, hardwire the player directly into the router (still maintaing the 3-5 feet distance from the router) and testing Deezer again. 

After these tests, please grab another diagnostic and we'll be happy to take a look. 
Userlevel 1
I have all of the above problems and have done all of the above things. Very unhappy.
Userlevel 1
I have had all of the above problems for weeks, and keep submitting diagnostic reports, but never any resolution.
I had these problems (certain Deezer songs stopping after about 30 seconds) and after going through an extensive range of checks and changes with a Sonos rep, ended up having to move to another streaming service in order to solve this problem.
Userlevel 1
I agree. I use other streaming services and only have this problem with Deezer & Sonos, not with other services....so it's either Deezer or Deezer combine with Sonos. Either way, someone needs to get it fixed ASAP.
I have the exact same issues, hope this will get fixed soon...
Userlevel 1
Another, possibly related, issue is the use of Deezer Radio channels with Sonos. The tracks from them constantly skip to the next track before the currently playing track has finished. I'm too embarrassed to use these at parties because of this.
Userlevel 1
Very disappointing. Why can't they fix this!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Everyone, 

I'm happy to look into your issues with Deezer. Keep in mind that Deezer is higher quality streaming service on Sonos and wireless setting conflicts or interference can also play a part in streaming issues. 

Please let us know what steps you have tried: rebooting your router, removing and re-adding the Deezer service, and testing other services to help narrow down the issue. 

Please also submit a diagnostic after you experience the issue and I'll investigate further. Please reply back with your number here. 
Userlevel 1
I've tried all that you mentioned above and submitted many diagnostic reports. Nothing has changed.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I've tried all that you mentioned above and submitted many diagnostic reports. Nothing has changed.
Hello Joe,

Please submit a diagnostic, reply with the number here and I'll be happy to take a look. 
Userlevel 1
Easy. It happens constantly. 4258725
Userlevel 1
And 4258733, just in the last 2 minutes.