Question

connection lost, cannot reset

• 10 May 2013
  • 9 replies

My Sonos 5 spontaneously lost its connection. I didn't change my firewall settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled the controller but still can't connect.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello Edward, Please try the following steps on the PLAY 5 unit please. See if the recommendations help get the PLAY 5 back into your Sonos System. Answer Title: PLAY:3 / PLAY:5 not connecting Answer Link: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/250
I was not able to reset the connection. I updated the controller desktop software, restarted my computer, factory reset the Sonos Play 5, and followed the setup instructions, but the component was not found. What next?
Hi. I am having the same issue. All was fine. Now the devices cannot connect at all.
I constantly lose connectivity, and have to reboot. Am tired of this! I've also recently been sent down an endless loop of "must update Controller" messages.
Mine won't even factory reset!
I'm having the same problem! I've called in several times, sent in five diagnostics and nothing works. It keeps dropping and I must reset everything including taking the bridge and router off line...massive headache...please help!
I'm having the same problem! I've called in several times, sent in five diagnostics and nothing works. It keeps dropping and I must reset everything including taking the bridge and router off line...massive headache...please help!
I don't know why this worked for me, but I changed the channel on my wireless modem (from channel 1 to channel 11 - although the modem selected that automatically), and everything connected up again and downloaded all the latest software. Worth giving a try, as I understand interference from other wireless devices can be an issue.
Sonos system seems to be unstable... reboot is not an option... you loose some speakers and the get back few minutes after few minutes : why.... you'll never know!