Answered

Connecting Sonos One(s) to Apple TV using Airplay2

• 12 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi all, sorry if this has come up before.

I’m trying to get my Sonos ones to connect via airplay to my Apple TV 4K. It finds them ok, however everytime I try to connect it fails.

Does anybody have any help as to if I’m missing something somewhere. How can I be sure the Sonos ones are actually AirPlay 2

thanks

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 17 December 2019, 22:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi John, if the Apple TV is finding them on the network, than they’re AirPlay 2 capable speakers. The Sonos speakers that can’t use AirPlay wouldn’t even show up there.

If it’s failing to connect, I’d be looking at network connections or some settings that could be getting in the way.

Do you have an iPhone? If so, are you able to use AirPlay 2 to play to those speakers from it? That would let you know if AirPlay 2 works fine on the network, and then you can narrow things down to what’s getting in between the Apple TV and your Sonos speakers.

This page here has all the AirPlay needed steps for Sonos, which you’re probably already doing, but it’s worth a read.

Thanks for the reply.

I also contacted Apple.

They suggested something similar, ensuring the Apple TV was transmitting to and connecting via AirPlay to another device ok. ( It was)

Then they suggested rebooting the router, as that was what would be doing all the ‘hard work’.

Rebooting the router seemed to fix it as they are connecting now.

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Great! Glad it was something simple. Let us know if we can help with anything else!