Connecting Play 1 with MacBook Pro

• 15 January 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a Play 1 which works with my iPad pro and iPhone but won't work with my 2013 MacBook Pro. When I set it up the first time it worked across all devices but not any more. I have configured my firewall to work with the Sonos , I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still no luck. Any suggestions

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Play 1 which works with my iPad pro and iPhone but won't work with my 2013 MacBook Pro. When I set it up the first time it worked across all devices but not any more. I have configured my firewall to work with the Sonos , I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still no luck. Any suggestions

Hi TheOnlyKumquat,

It may help to try the steps in this guide to get reconnected to your system. Let me know how it goes.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I could guess ... and this is just one potential guess of a number of 'could be'....

that your MacBook Pro is connecting to a 5Ghz wifi band and the Sonos Play 1 is going to be on 2.4Ghz if you are using it wirelessly without any other Sonos product physically connected to the router... so your router may not pass communication across those bands... maybe force the MBP to connect on the 2.4 channel and see if the controller finds the P1