Connecting Phillips Fidelio AW9000 Speakers to Sonos System

• 28 May 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I'm new to Sonos speakers having just invested in 2x Play 5's, 2x Play 1's and a Sonos One. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect my old speakers to this system, or at least control them through the Sonos App using the Sonos Connect/Connect Amp. I'm not sure if anyone knows but the main problem with the Phililips Fidelio AW5000/9000 range was a completely flawed Airstudio app, which in practical terms rendered the speakers redundant, so it would be nice if I could get some use out of them as they are of good build quality and nice sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Oliver

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hmmm, forcing me to go look up this system. The specifications seem to say it has a 3.5mm analog line in, so you could indeed use a CONNECT with an RCA to 3.5mm cable to send music to the Philips.

But I don’t think you’d be able to control them in any way through the Sonos app.
These are the speakers in question.

Sorry by control, I meant maybe put them in one room and create a room on the Sonos app just for these two speakers, and send music too them.
They had notoriously awful wireless issues, and were originally Phillips answer to Sonos, so cost me quite a lot, albeit in sale, so I don't want to just leave them in cupboard forever more.
I couldn't even use the aux-in cable too my phone to play music through them without having to re-setup the speakers to my Wifi on the App, as it would drop out every time they were left for an hour or 2.
If you couldn't use the line in on your phone to make them work well, then adding Sonos wouldn't make any difference, it is effectively the same thing. No matter what, the Sonos controller will not interface with a Philips speaker. They're completely different systems, using different kinds of control and wifi.