Connecting Move and Roam via Bluetooth

• 2 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi folks. I have a Move and a Roam. Is there any way to get them to work together when outside (i.e. not on a home wi-fi network). I know that many of the portable speakers like UE Boom or JBL allow multiple speakers to work together while connected via Bluetooth to one phone. Is this functionality available with Sonos? If not - any work arounds - eg hotspotting? Thanks in advance! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Many newer phone models with the latest software allow you to connect to more than one Bluetooth speaker at a time. What model phone do you have?

Thanks. Good build. I have an iPhone 12. I can Bluetooth connect to both speakers. But playing (eg via the Spotify app) will only allow me to play on one speaker or the other. And the Sonos app doesn’t seem to want to do anything if its not on wi fi. How might one play to two speakers at the same time?   

@aleathwood 

You could maybe get one of these rechargeable dual output Bluetooth transmitters and connect both speakers to that and play your mobile audio over its line-in:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Multi-Stream-Transmitter-Control-Long-Lasting/dp/B08CMRD4S6