Question

connecting Fifine Technology Wireless microphone to sonos speaker via laptop

• 21 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I can’t connect my wireless mic to the speaker via the laptop. I have a presentation tomorrow am and really need help. My laptop is connected to the sonos speaker but only plays music. My mic is connected to the laptop but no the speaker. How do I make the two read each other? Help help help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What Sonos speaker do you have?

Sonos isn't a computer speaker, it doesn't play whatever is plugged in to your computer, unless you're running a line out from the computer to a line-in on a Sonos device that has a line in (PLAY:5, CONNECT, CONNECT: AMP, Sonos Amp).

The Sonos system is designed to reach out and read files that are stored on your computer.

I know this isn't what you want to hear at this point, but you may want to look into some other solution. Sonos is not designed to be a PA system in any way.
Run down to Best Buy and get yourself a cheap portable Bluetooth speaker. Sonos is a multiroom audio system, not a computer speaker.