Answered

Connect to Sonos from 5g network

• 8 June 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Netgear R6220 router with both 2.4 and 5 network. The Sonos can only connect to 2.4 obviously. I set it up. I was connecting from iphone and win 10 Sonos apps to the sonos speaker while both iphone and windows computers were on 5g network.

Suddenly it stopped working. Iphone/windows 10 sonos app no longer finds the speaker.

Why?

I have 2 Wyze Cams on 2.4 (only connects to 2.4) and I can connect to both of them just fine still from the 5g wireless.

There seems to be some kind of "communication" between 2.4 and 5g for wyze and sonos but suddenly the communication stopped between 2.4 and 5g for the sonos.
icon

Best answer by FlyLowJamzZ 8 June 2018, 06:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge
I had this happen at my old house. I think this is what I had to do; CONNECTED TO MY 2.4 ghz network during setup;
1. unplug all devices,
2. Unplug power to internet/router/switches & wait about 30 seconds
3. Rest controller in Sonos app.
4. Turn on power to internet and router.
5. Turn on Sonos Boost with Ethernet wire connected to router and pair
6. Add a Playbar or Playbase first
7. Then add power to next speaker, then pair that speaker, one speaker at a time and pair!
8. Complete this process starting with speakers closet to router and finish adding last speaker that will be furthest away from router.

I think the process is slightly different without the Sonos Boost. Please check the manual for anything I might have missed.

I hope it works,
FlyLowJamZz