Question

Connect is hard wired to router and app still cannot find it.

• 23 December 2017
  • 4 replies

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! I have done everything possible, nothing works. My two sonos one speaker work fine on my wifi ONLY WHEN hardwired to router. When unplugged from router they cannot find wifi. Eventually I deleted Sonos app from phone and reinstalled it and then finally the app said is was connected to home wifi, but speakers won't work unless hardwired to router still. And, my App will not find my Connect either, whether hardwired or not. Any ideas? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ok lets start from you have your two Sonos One speakers hard wired to your router. While hardwired you go in your sonos app ... settings...advanced... wifi setup. Complete the wifi setup. Once done unplug from router. Give them about 5 minutes to adjust.

What do you see then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
P.S. Make sure the wifi you chose is your primary wifi - don't use any guest wifi etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
P.S. what router model are you using.
OK, after three hours of working on this discovered that my router is in fact incompatible with Sonos. I have an ActionTec PK5000. Can I just go out to Best Buy and get a new router? The one I have is from Qwest.