Answered

Connect dropping output when grouping to another room

• 25 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I recently picked up a Connect(gen1) with the hope of playing my turntable through my Sonos speakers (play1's) and my audio amp. So the TT goes into phono preamp into the connect and out to the amp. Playing the TT via the Connect into the amp, no problem. Playing the TT through the Connect to the play1's no problem. However when I group the room with the connect to the room with the play1's the output to the amp drops to virtually zero while the play1's are fine. Have fiddled with variable/fixed volume and the source level sensitivity to no dramatic effect.

I am running S1with no issues. Although I am using Google mesh through out the house I have set up the Sonos gear to be on it’s own mesh.

Love to hear some thoughts,

Cheer,

David

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 June 2021, 17:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DavidL.Melbourne 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you unplug your Sonos devices and your router. Once the router has been off for 30 seconds, switch it back on and wait for WiFi to return before plugging the Sonos device back in.

If your main Google node is not your main router, I recommend you reboot these too.

I hope this helps.

Edit: When grouping the Play:1s and the Connect together, be sure to select the Connect first and then group in the Play:1s, rather than the other way round. This will minimise the amount of network traffic needed to group and play successfully.