Question

Comparison

• 20 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I have the Sonos 5 2nd Gen and am considering the purchase of the Beam as I’m buying a new TV. So, the question is, my room is 5M x 7.5M and the Play 5 fills this space. The sound is superb.  Will the Beam do a similar job for TV and Music? 

What’s the thoughts?

5 replies

I have the Sonos 5 2nd Gen and am considering the purchase of the Beam as I’m buying a new TV. So, the question is, my room is 5M x 7.5M and the Play 5 fills this space. The sound is superb.  Will the Beam do a similar job for TV and Music? 

What’s the thoughts?

My brother uses the Beam in a space about that size (an enclosed outdoor kitchen/man cave) and it fills the sound in fine.  Not concert hall volume, but adequate for Super Bowl parties.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

We use a Beam in a bedroom about that size and both TV and music are adequate, that Beam replaced a Play 5. We have a second Beam in a slightly larger space with a Sub bonded to it and it really makes a difference.

Thanks for your help guys. 

It’s very much appreciated. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have a Beam in our lounge (similar size room to yours) bonded to two Sonos Ones as surrounds. Used for both TV and Music and we never have the volume above 50%. The Ones are 7 meters away from the Beam on the opposite side of the room. We have Music Playback under Surround Audio settings set to Full rather than Ambient to get louder full range sound that fills the room better. If you are using the Beam for TV then I definitely recommend adding surrounds. Contemplating adding a Sub but no idea whether the hefty price tag for a Sub is justified. Also the Sub has been around for quite a while and not received an upgrade so am worried that according to ‘sods law’ a new one will be announced just after I buy one. The recent end of life’ing has made me very nervous about what I buy from Sonos now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Ski buddy that is so true about being nervous now when it comes to buying new Sonos equipment, never had to think about future proofing before with Sonos but now ?