Question

Chromecast built-in support.

• 11 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have seen that there are a lot of topic about chromecast but not an honest answer yet from Sonos Support.

Chromecast built in support is without a doubt a must to be added !

You can do a lot of things with Airplay2, even watching that netflix series you love, but on Android/Pc/Chromebook nothing !

Chromecast will not only add something to Android heads, the possibilities with chromecast are beyond mobile phones ! Even Video beams come now with chromecast and android TV !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ralsis89.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for the feedback.

We appreciate this feature request and I will be glad to send this to our engineering team.

I would also like to set your expectation that there is no exact turn-around-time on when will this feature be addressed however what we can do, is to subscribe to this thread, check the Sonos community announcement to be up to date about new features and updates.

Please let us know if you still have any additional inputs and feedback. They are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks @Paul A , I will look forward to it !

Userlevel 1

Seems a bit of an odd thing to say, “I will be glad to send this to our engineering team”. Consumers have been going on about the lack of Chromecast support for over two years. I’m holding out on a large upgrade next year, would love nothing more to have Sonos throughout the house, but the two services I support just aren’t there, or don’t work (DI.fm and YouTube Music). Of course, this wouldn’t matter if Chromecast were available.