Answered

Chromecast built-in

• 1 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Sonos now finally support Apple's multiroom technology, AirPlay 2, so Apple users can send any audio from their devices to Sonos speakers. Make symmetric step towards Android users and make Sonos speakers Chromecast available so we can send any sound from our devices to Sonos speakers. It's also make possible to cast to Sonos numerous music services without integration to app so it's very useful for users. Even cheap JBL and Sony speakers are compatible with Chromecast and Riva Wand speakers support both Airplay and Chromecast, Why Sonos users can't do this?
Now I can't cast music from Deezer or Youtube Music apps to Sonos speakers and it's very sad. Please when you make Google Assistant available unlock Chromecast compatibility! Don't left your customers without Chromecast support!
#ChromecastInSonos #FeatureRequest
icon

Best answer by Edward R 6 February 2019, 16:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
I can google play music cast direct to family room playbar (in 5.1 setup w ones) or to living room (stereo pair of ones) how is this possible without it being supported? Am i reading the chrome cast vs google music cast support topic as one "protocol" when in fact they are two? Hence one is supported but not the other?
Userlevel 1
You can count 4 more votes to support this feature.
My wife's, my kid's, myself's, and my dog's 🙂

This should have been supported months ago!
Userlevel 1
Add my vote to the chrome cast support as well. It would also be really useful as a text-to-speech ( TTS ) target for us in HomeAssistant to help turn the Sonos’s devices into an intercom system. Functionality is already native in HomeAssistant and very simple to use, opening up Chromecast support on the Sonos devices would be amazing! Better audio quality and the ability to leverage the investment in other aspects of the smarthome beyond great music experience.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Google Cast for Sonos would be great!

Besides using the speakers from lots of apps and devices, it could be added in a Google Home group, playing music and being controlled with a Google Home.

Hope to see this added https://developers.google.com/cast/
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, thank you for your post. This is a great suggestion and I can definitely see the obvious benefit of it, being an Android user myself. I would very much like it if it were introduced as well. I will be sure to forward it to the necessary department. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.