Answered

Change From 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz WiFi Without Having To Reset System?

• 2 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Originally our house WiFi had both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands using same SID, but we had too many issues with devices using the slower band, so have separated the bands with the 2.4 GHz band retaining the original SID and the 5 GHz band using a different SID.  Now we want to move our two Sonos systems over to the 5 GHz band...but don’t see a way to just change it.

Please tell me we don’t have to reset the entire system to change to a different WiFi SID?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by buzz 3 April 2021, 07:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thank you @buzz I followed your post and my problem is resolved. Keep it up.:thumbsup_tone1:

Not all SONOS units support 5Ghz and none of them benefit much from 5GHz speeds, although there might be some specific coverage considerations due to your WiFi environment. If you want to force SONOS to use 5GHz exclusively, check these considerations.

Without any additional insight into your environment, I would tend to reserve 5GHz for the high speed phones, tablets, and computers and give the 2.4GHz band to SONOS. Or, wire as many SONOS devices to your network as possible and SONOS will build its own mesh network and ignore your WiFi.

Open your controller. Click on Settings. Click on System. Click on Network. You can change the information there.