Case for the Roam

• 30 April 2021
  • 15 replies

Hi, for anyone who has bought the Sonos Roam, have you bought a case for it? If so, which one did you get?

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

None are available on Sonos website. Took almost a year for a Move case to show up. From what I have seen Amazon cases aren’t very impressive yet. I jokingly said I would throw mine in a tube sock. Haven’t done that yet as it’s primarily a shower speaker and haven’t had any place to take it. It was suggested to use the black wrap that came with it but not sure how well that will hold up. Bottom line, for now improvise and hope something decent comes out soon by Sonos. 

Hi Jeffrey, thanks for the reply.

I’m amazed Sonos hasn’t done a case for it, I guess that’s based on the fact that you can wash the thing so it doesn’t matter how you shove it in a rucksack etc. I ordered a cheap case off Amazon last night meant for a different speaker, so I’ll let you know how it fits later today.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I am reposting this again in hopes that Sonos releases a case for the Roam very soon. It doesn’t have to be anything over the top, just utilitarian and simple. 

It’s not that uncommon for accessories (cases, mounts, stands, etc)  from 3rd party business parties to be release several months after the product release.  I would guess Sonos doesn’t want to risk any product information getting leaked by giving specs or samples for someone to build an accessory for.

That said though, the case for the Move took a rather long time to come out.

Badge

Flexon

I have been going back and forth with the owner of this shop regarding this case.  I’m asking him to add a space for long skinny magnets on the back so I can attach it to a golf cart while riding. I’ll report back once I receive it but I’m fairly optimistic! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/998113214/sonos-roam-speaker-mount-plus-wireless?ref=yr_purchases

Update hecreated a new mock-up:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/1020281538/sonos-roam-speaker-magnet-mount?ref=listings_manager_grid&campaign_label=convo_notifications_boe_replyurl_treatment&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=convo_notifications_boe_replyurl_treatment_010170_414954400368_0_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1623359715&euid=SPw1BJaSQCBm55_3KlQ_-GDwh4f8&eaid=26644222008&x_eaid=bd384d8328

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Just received this today from Amazon UK from US ordered about 4 weeks ago and just released designed for the Roam solid great quality

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

That’s nice. What is the brand name?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Bruce it's a Khanka hard travel case for Roam cheers.

Flexon

This looks great, but I can’t find anyone that sells it in the US, has anyone been able to purchase this in the US?

This is on Amazon UK...

Thanks for this thread. Just picked up this case on Amazon and it’s a great fit for the Roam and cord. The outer material feels good to the touch, the case is hard enough to protect the Roam with a bit of give if you really squeeze hard, the zipper seems solid, the inside is soft and felty, the mesh pocket has an elastic band to keep everything inside, and the Roam seems right at home. I guess you could even open the cover and leave the Roam inside while playing it. 

It’s made in China, just like everything else these days, it seems. Brand is Khanka. I paid $19.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZKGFCM5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you ever find a decent magnet case for a golf cart?  I can’t believe there isn’t one.