Answered

Cant play whole media file

• 2 February 2017
  • 3 replies

I have had my PLAY 5 for a few months now and absolutely love it.
The only problem I have encountered is that I would like to stream a 7 hour audio file through the Sonos Controller and yet only 2 hours of the file play.
I know I could split up the files and make them smaller but I was wondering if there is some other way?

Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by John B 2 February 2017, 18:23

There is a known problem with files over 500MB. I think public beta 7.2 addresses this so you can try that or wait. Note that if you use iOS controllers they have limited functionality in beta so in that case you may prefer to wait.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There is a known problem with files over 500MB. I think public beta 7.2 addresses this so you can try that or wait. Note that if you use iOS controllers they have limited functionality in beta so in that case you may prefer to wait.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

This is correct. That is all 🙂
Thanks John, I have upgraded to 7.2 and it works a treat. Thanks for your help.