Question

cant connect play 1 to surround in room

• 3 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Immediately after purchase, my Beam and play one surround speakers worked fine. At some point the play one surround speakers were disconnected from the room. Now I cannot get them to reconnect and surround speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

So when "bonded" as surround speakers, the PLAY:1s will connect to the Beam on a 5Ghz channel. If they were disconnected, it's likely due to wifi interference.

If you can't get them to connect at all, try doing a factory reset on only the PLAY:1s and then connect them to your router with an ethernet cable, and "add" them to your Sonos system again. Once they've been added to your system, you can then set them back up as surround speakers, assuming you've cleared up the issue that caused them to disconnect in the first place.
One of the surroundsound speakers has been set up as another “room”. Could that impact the connection issue?
Yes. At least if I understand what you're saying.

A "surround" speaker in the Sonos world isn't one speaker. It's always a pair of speakers. If you've taken one of the pair and set it up as another "room", then you wouldn't, I think, have any surround whatsoever. You'd have two extra rooms with a mono speaker in it, and no surround speakers.