Answered

Can the Sonos One create a Multiroom pair with a Play:3?

• 19 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Essentially the description of the Sono ONE (on Amazon) says:

Pair two Sonos Ones together in the same room for instant stereo sound. Cannot be stereo paired with other Sonos speakers.
(emphasis added)

Does this mean I can't have music playing in my Kitchen (my Play:3) and also have that same music playing in my dining room (where I'd put the new Sonos One)?

It's a large open room concept for my floor plan so right now I have my Play:3 blasting music (making it hard to cook in the kitchen it's so loud), just so I can have music playing over in the living/dining room for guests. I'd like to add a Sonos ONE to my living/dining so I can play music a moderate volume on both the Play:3 and Sonos One, but I need to know they pair so I can have them playing the same music.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 November 2017, 20:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Pairing is a semi-permanent bonding of two like models where each one plays the left and right channel of the stereo signal. This has nothing to do with grouping, which is playing the same source to multiple rooms. Grouping isn't permanent and can be done with any combination of Sonos devices. In the scenario you outline above, you would group the two rooms together and control the volume individually in both.