Answered

Can't get all Sonos products to play group

• 21 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a variety of Sonos One (Gen 2 + SLs) as well as a 3 pairs of Sonos Ikea Symfonsik Speakers around the house. If I try to get them all to play as grouped they only play on the kind of speaker that started the music. For example if I start off on a sonos one speaker and group them all (even the Ikea sonos ones) they only play on Sonos Ones (SL + Gen 2). Likewise if I start with Ikea and hit play all, it only plays on the Symfonsik speakers. In total have 6 Sonos Ones and 6 Ikea Symfonisk, but can only get them to group play with their respective brand not all together.

I tried resetting the speakers to no luck.

Any help?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 March 2021, 00:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It sounds as though there’s potentially enough wifi interference to keep all the speakers from talking to each other when you attempt to ‘play all’. Beyond the data in the linked FAQ, I’d also suggest that you refresh your home network, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. If you reboot the router without unplugging first, you may not get all of the benefit. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

However, there’s no guarantee , as it’s hard to do a true analysis based on a simple text description. If the issue continues, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.