Question

Can’t connect to Play One

• 18 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I have two Play Ones in different rooms. (Also I JUST bought them and they both have problems, so I’m thinking about returning both!) In the short time I’ve had them, both of them have gotten forgotten by my Sonos app. Sometimes both go missing, other times one each. I can always get them back but right now, I CANNOT connect back to one of them. When I unplug it and then replug it, no green flashing light comes on. When I tell Sonos that, Sonos says I need to connect to it and Press the play and + volume buttons at the same time and listen for the chime. I have done that ten times, no chime. There is no other option to move forward. What do I do, keep unplugging and plugging it in all day? I don’t have time for that. I’m sitting a foot away from this speaker and my phone can’t connect to it. Incredibly annoying.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi LauraS

This sounds like a network connection issue and probably caused by poor wireless connectivity or interference of some form. Have you followed the advice here, especially the actions for changing your wireless channel?

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4085?_ga=2.142865205.1095743978.1506552577-1491669311.1488879254&_gac=1.87772778.1509269737.CjwKCAjw-NXPBRB4EiwAVNRLKifYB44QLgd1rqqidteMMZVgwg-Dm1c-M0Q-E7JQtze3mEMuRjFGtxoC68oQAvD_BwE

The other thing to try if the problem remains is to connect one of the Play1's to a wired connection to your router and then remove the Wi-Fi setting information under Settings>Advance>Wi-Fi and let the Sonos Play1's connect to each directly.
This particular speaker sits on a shelf about 5 inches above my router. That’s a whole heck of a lot of steps to go through to try to make sure that the speaker and my router are connected when they are inches away from each other. If the speaker still isn’t connected today and I suddenly find myself with gobs of time on my hands maybe I’ll try this just to get this speaker back until the next time it drops ...