Can't connect a speaker to network - ASUS router RT AC3100

• 27 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I had a massive amount of trouble reconnecting a connect:amp and playbar recently. We were running our system with a play 1 wired to our ASUS router. After numerous emails and calls to the customer support line, it was suggested that in the ASUS router control panel: Wireless - Professional tab - the airframe fairness option should be disabled. After doing this I was able to connect my speakers easily.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, SFSPG. Indeed, I encountered this with my own ASUS router before transitioning to my new one. It's been a little while, though I'm sure this will help other community members. Let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
Badge
Thank you. I have just now ordered the Asus AC3100 and came across the information that Sonos had problems with Asus wifi routers. So I googled it, and this extraordinarily helpful piece of information came right up as the most recent solution. Many thanks!
Not to dig up an old thread, but I think this tip just saved my sanity. Got a new ASUS AC3100 and for the life of me I was having nothing by problems with my Play:3, this seems to have fixed the connection issues. Particularly if my phone was on the 5GHz band, and the Play:3 is on the 2.4. Seems to work great now that I adjusted just that one wifi setting.
Bless you! I wasted HOURS trying to solve this yesterday, and this cleared up the problem instantly.