Question

Can MOVE Swap between S1 and S2

• 19 August 2020
  • 2 replies

With the S2 upgrade I moved my equipment around and created a S2 network and then kept my old (gen1) equipment on a S1 network.

I just bought a MOVE. Not sure where to install it. Can it move from one network to the other depending on where I am or do you have to pick S1 or S2 and stick with it (the way once you upgrade your equipment to S2 you cannot go back to S1)

2 replies

No, the software that exists in the speaker is an ‘either/or’ proposition, not an ‘and’ choice. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @pepper4451.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I do agree with @Airgetlam. There is no (switch) button that can transition any Sonos device running on the S2 app back to the S1 app even if they are compatible with the S1 app. Here is the guide to better understand Sonos S2 compatibility for us to know what devices are compatible with the S2 app only, what devices are compatible with the S1 app only, and what devices are compatible with both Sonos App. However, Here is a guide on how to fully understand setting up separate S1 and S2 Sonos systems and as well as the known limitations with separate S1 and S2 Sonos systems.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,