Can i use Sonos one Gen 1 and Gen 2 simultaneously to?

• 22 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi I have Sonos one Gen 1 and I'm planning to buy thengen two. I wanna keep both of them in my room on the night stand each side and I was wondering if I airplay music from my phone can I airplay it both simultaneously or does it need to be both gen1 or gen 2. And also if I ask one of the assistants to play music does it play on both or just one ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Zaayebm.

I have a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Sonos One connected as a stereo pair in my bedroom and it works perfectly, both sound and airplay connectivity (the difference is fantastic!). My only suggestion would be only turn on the microphone for on one of them to use the assistant though. It will still control both for playing music etc., but if you set an alarm is will only play through the one speaker which heard the command. This is apparently to stop a device in your house from also setting an alarm. Also, I'm not sure if the issue is fixed yet but there was a problem with Alexa support when the 2 ones were connected as a stereo pair, but there was a work around found incase Sonos hasn't got around to fixing it.

Hope this helps
Thanks Andrew 🙂