Question

Can I use my Play:1 as speakers for my PC? If so, how?

• 2 March 2014
  • 4 replies

I want to get rid of pc speakers and replace with Play:1 - can I do it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You could try "stream what you hear" fudge:-
http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/forums/topic/sonos-is-supported/
rbbartho,

Daniel was correct in saying SONOS Play1 can not replace PC speakers. HOWEVER, SONOS Play 1 CAN play music stored on your computer. IT can not replace PC speakers for system sounds, sounds from games or any other program. So the SONOS app can play stored music it can not play sounds for anything but stored music or sound files.
Hello Daniel,
It's unfortunate that SONOS does not support wireless connection to PC for playing music stored in the PC and DC player. Is there a legitimate reason why not? That is a very important feature for me, and I am sure for many others. This was a primary reason for purchasing SONOS. I will definitely be returning the 2 additional speakers that I purchased only a few days ago, and switch to another brand that does offer this feature.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Nicholas, 

this is not possible I am afraid as the PLAY:1s do not feature a line-in connection. 

The Sonos PLAY:5 however has such an analogue line-in connection to be used with your PC. 

Regards, 

Daniel H.