Can find out registered email address

• 12 May 2014
  • 9 replies

Hi, I got 3 play:1 registered, but I never received the email confirmation. I'm sure I used my personal email account, but it is not registered. I created a new account, but non of my devices shows up in the registered list. What can i do? Jose

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Jose,

I'll can definitely look into this for you. Please submit a diagnostic and I'll be happy to take investigate. Please reply back with your number here. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Jose,

Thank you for including the diagnostic, it seems that the email may have been misspelled. I'm showing: jgiannattadio

In order to fix this, you would need to factory reset all of your devices which erases their settings and sets them up as if they are a brand new system. 

Music and services can be re-added but you will loses favorites and any Sonos playlists you may have created. 

If you'd like to proceed forward, you'd want to take a look at this page.
Hello Dominique,

Would you help me to identify and register my sonos products as well?

Best,

John
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Dominique,

Would you help me to identify and register my sonos products as well?

Best,

John

Hi John, we'd be happy to check your Sonos system's registration. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic.
Hi Dominique,

The diagnostic information is 6242716
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Dominique,

The diagnostic information is 6242716

Thanks Sajoninja. Looks like your system is registered to an email address that has a number of units registered to it that aren't showing on the diagnostic, usually this indicates it was setup by an installer or was purchased second hand. Is this the case? If so, the system is probably registered to his email address. Unfortunately the best way to resolve this is to factory reset your players and set up your system from scratch. This way all of the players can get registered to your email address properly. The down side is that any saved settings, Sonos Playlists, and Sonos Favorites are going to get cleared out.

This page has steps to factory reset a player if you'd like to give it a shot. Otherwise, you're welcome to give us a call on our support line and a technician will be able to assist.
Hi, please can you tell me the address used to register my system as it's not showing any products for my account.
Diagnostics: 7178021

Thanks
Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, please can you tell me the address used to register my system as it's not showing any products for my account.
Diagnostics: 7178021

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm sending you a private message with some information.

If anyone else is having trouble, you can change your system registration, by going through the steps here under "link your Sonos products to your Sonos Account". You'll have the option to choose that you don't have access to that email account and can type in a different email to be registered under.