Can a Sonos Play One be paired with a Sonos One?

• 29 July 2018
  • 8 replies

I have a Sonos Play One and I want to buy a Sonos One to pair them but I don’t know if they can be paired.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

They can not be paired through the Sonos apps. There is a 3rd party app called the Sonosequencer that apparently can pair them, but it isn't a feature that Sonos supports.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Sonos Play One and I want to buy a Sonos One to pair them but I don’t know if they can be paired.

Hi there,

Melvimbe is correct in that the Sonos One and PLAY:1 can't be set up in a stereo pair together. The 2 speakers can be grouped together to play music in unison though.
Hello there, I have a few Sonos speakers and I was also one of the long list of disappointed customers who wanted to pair a one with a 1 and I am very surprised that the company is not acting upon it, especially as, why on earth would you want two voice activated speakers in the same room, doesn’t make any sense!!! However I was bit skeptical, but I took the plunge and purchased the SonoSequencr app was a couple of £. Man I am impressed, simple easy, within 10 minutes I had Alexa in the lounge in the 5.1 config and Alexa in the kitechen in a one:1 stereo pair. Very good!!! Very disappointing Sonos........
Now try to use Airplay 2 and you will understand why they can't be paired.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
This has been asked about a million times....
Sorry guys, I just tried it from my iPhone and it seems to be working fine, or am I missing something, what is the failure mode? Thanks
You should be able to group the two rooms quite easily, it’s just stereo pairing that shouldn’t work, unless you use a third party app.
Ok, thanks, that is what I am using and it’s great.......