Answered

Can 1st gen Play 5 communicate with 2x Play 1's OR Sonos One's (without going via playbase or playbar?)

• 30 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

Excuse the newbie question...

I have (only) a 1st gen Play 5 currently, and am looking to upgrade my sound to include 2x Play 1's OR 2x Sonos One's, to use as rear left and rights or front left and rights for movies/music etc, and just generally on their own as a pair occasionally.

My question is simple: Can the 1st gen Play 5 act as the central main speaker &, MOST IMPORTANTLY: the wireless communicator to the 2 Play 1's/ONE's in a group with all 3?
Also, could the 2x Play 1's/ONE'S be paired together for L & R sound in this overall '3' setup?

Thanks very much,
Mark
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 30 April 2018, 06:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Mark

You can pair the 2 Play:1's or Sonos One's to create a Stereo Pair and you can group your speakers to play synchronised music on all of your players. You can't however use a Play:5 (Gen 1) as the part of 5:1 set-up, only the Playbar or Playbase can be used in this way - they contain the Front Left, Centre, and Front Right and can be linked to a pair of identical players to create rear left and rear right.
Thanks so much for your reply UK Media - much appreciated!

Mark