Buy back // recycle Sonos:1?!?

As I did buy (4) Sonos play:1 with the ensurement that Sonos have build in the chip needed for AirPlay, Sonos just pulled the support and imho a buy back recycle program should be enforced by Sonos - any change for this?!?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

If you recently bought the Play:1s you may be able to get a refund. Purchases direct from Sonos have a return period.

Play:1 has been around for years though, long before any thoughts of supporting Airplay, so if you bought them back then your only recourse is to sell them on the second-hand market.

By the way, you'd only need one Sonos One to receive Airplay. The Play:1s could be grouped with it.
Hi ratty,
Play:1 have been out there for a while - yes! But opposing Alexa support AirPlay support have been promised by Sonos and used in marketing for play:1.

I use mine in pairs and we have one “one”, so I’m aware of the grouping facility - I what true AirPlay in each room without grouping (as promised by Sonos) 🆒
Play:1 doesn't support Alexa directly. Nor can it decode Airplay. Support for these has not been "pulled".

I don't know what you mean about using these in the context of marketing for Play:1, other than the fact that in a system Alexa can be used to control a Play:1, and Airplay can be sent from a One (or Playbase/Beam) to a grouped Play:1.
Hi again,
Nothing more that AirPlay support have been promised by Sonos. All other new inventions hasn’t (Alexa, Google Assistent Ect.), so I’m not asking for more than promised by Sonos!
I'll be generous and say you must have simply misunderstood what you were told. Sonos have never, ever, promised that Play:1 would support Airplay directly. It doesn't possess the necessary hardware to be able to do so.

If it's important to you, sell the Play:1(s) and buy One(s) instead.
Matter of fact, Sonos at first only promised Airplay 2 on the Sonos One. Later they added the Playbase, Play:5, and Beam.
Nope - you are wrong! Sonos has promised AirPlay and havn’t delivered! Funny though Sonos official staff is sooo silent 😕
Kindly provide a link to the 'promise' of Airplay support in the Play:1.
Nope - you are wrong! Sonos has promised AirPlay and havn’t delivered! Funny though Sonos official staff is sooo silent :-/You are just stirring, have no evidence and deserve to be ignored. How could Sonos prove that they didn't promise something? I could claim that Sonos promised world peace and a cure for cancer and it would be impossible for them to prove otherwise. So put up or shut up
Dear John, having a bad day?!?
Why did Sonos implement the AirPlay chip in Play:1 then?!?
Being a fanboy is ok but a stupid one is... well not the cure for cancer...
To repeat:Kindly provide a link to the 'promise' of Airplay support in the Play:1.
.Dear John, having a bad day?!?
lol. Ta for confirmation you are a well practised troll
Dear John, having a bad day?!?

There is no "Airplay chip" for Airplay 2.
Well nor have Sonos ever provided support for AirPlay at all, though promised...
We're going round in nonsensical circles. Unless you can demonstrate where these mythical 'promises' appear in print I suggest you simply reconcile yourself to selling one or two Play:1s and replacing them with Ones.