Buy Back Query - PLAY:1s

Badge +1
If Sonos want us to re-invest in a whole bunch of Play 1 speakers then Sonos should offer a SUBSTANTIAL buy back program for the six Sonos 1 speakers I have just recently purchased. So now we see competition from Apple and Google and others into this market and now it's Sonos that's on the learning curve. Still mending cart wheels while the competition is off to new galaxies.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Why would you need to re-invest in new Sonos One speakers? Your current PLAY:1s continue to work exactly the way they did when you purchased them. They now have the extra ability to have voice control added, either by purchasing a Sonos One, or getting an Amazon Echo enabled device.
Oh jeez. :8
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
What you are gaining to the new Sonos One is Alexa integration, Airplay 2 compatibility, and capacitive buttons. Like what the Sonos employees mentioned in other threads, there is nothing substantially different from the Play 1 to Sonos One sound quality, unlike from a Play 5 gen 1 vs a Play 5 gen 2. If you prefer Alexa and Airplay 2 integration, you just need an Amazon Echo or a single Sonos One.
just get a $40 Echo Dot and you're in business with Alexa and Sonos
Badge +1
just get a $40 Echo Dot and you're in business with Alexa and Sonos. Grouse. Love it.
Badge +1
Dang! That is brilliant, ftbutler. Thanks. Lateral thinking. Excellent.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Yep, got a feeling Amazon will shift quite a few dots to Sonos users this Christmas:)
I have to agree - we was promised support for AirPlay two - in fact Sonos even told the chip was build in so we should be rested assured.As this turned out to be not the case, then a buy back should be made available and them with no worries could have a cheep “new” Sonos!
Once again, Sonos never promised Airplay 2 support for anything except the One. The fourth post in this thread even states that, and it is from 10 months ago, right after the announcement of the One. Better to read the whole thread before resurrecting the dead.
I don’t know if you are aware of the footprint each and every Sonos put on the environment?!? Fact is that Sonos has been bragging and have promised support for AirPlay and they havn’t Delivered on that. Any serious company have buy back on their electronic devices today.
They delivered exactly what they promised, support for Airplay2 on the Sonos One. The Playbase and Play:5 support for Airplay 2 is a bonus.
Whilst I am typing this post, I have an AirPlay audio stream from the Apple Music App on my iPad, currently playing on a stereo pair of old Play:1’s in my Kitchen, and they sound great.

I probably bought those two speakers three years ago and I certainly did not expect to be able to use them to play AirPlay audio when I made their purchase. All I have done is added a Sonos One to my system as a household AirPlay Controller.

Sonos have definitely delivered on all their promises in my case. Everything works fine for me, in fact it’s far more than I ever expected.