Answered

Button noise.

• 19 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Whenever I use any of the buttons on the 'Move'  device there is a loud chime which is too loud. I  can not find a way to stop the chime or reduce its volume. 

icon

Best answer by Simon B 28 October 2020, 21:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @whte knight, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up. About this concern that you have with the noise being made by your Sonos Move, I want to ask If is it happening when you are turning on or off the Move or when switching from Wifi to Bluetooth or vice versa? And is it the Join or the Infinity button that you are pressing? 

Answers to those questions will certainly help us check on this issue further. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi, thanks for responding. The chime is most obvious when switching between Bluetooth and WiFi. I suspect the loudness will depend on the volume level but that appears different between the two different modes. I only have switch to Bluetooth as there is some content such as iplayer that I want to stream from my tablet. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @whte knight, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. Regarding this concern. Kindly check this article on Toggle a voice service’s wake word chime on or off on Sonos. To check if this would stop or lower down the chime. This is the case if you have a voice service activated on Sonos and this would follow the volume of the speaker for the Voice assistant, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. This would give us more information on the status of your Sonos system. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Thank you for that, however I have not enable voice assistant so this article is not relevant to me.  

My diagnostic number is 2072730275

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @whte knight, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. I’ve checked, and yes, there’s no voice assistant active. So that we can check for further and if there are other options on turning off or lowering down the chime on the Sonos Move, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and options to resolve this issue. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.