built-in speaker

• 26 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Why dont you create a built-in speaker for ceiling? would be easy to install in shops

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Yeah - the bass is lacking a little compared to other parts of the hose. But TBH it is a kitchen! We have a living room, dining room and study with better sound, the kitchen doesn't need to be so perfect. The ceiling speakers are 8" so there is still bass there. Like I said - not the best hifi but for an area where cooking and talking are more important than hi-fidelity we are very happy with it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I always find ceiling speakers to be lacking a bit. A Sonos sub or powered sub in wall would probably help really improve it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I've got ceiling speakers with a Connect Amp in my kitchen - I'm very happy and visitors are often impressed. It's not the best hifi ever but for a kitchen it is awesome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree in putting power up to the speakers in ceiling doesn't make a lot of sense. Passive speakers with a Sonos Amp are the way to go for getting speakers into the ceiling.

Sonos has partnered with sonance to create Sonos certified speakers which will fix the major problem using Sonos Amp and any speaker (with Sonance you should be able to Trueplay tune the speakers like regular sonos). https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/29/17795024/sonos-outdoor-speakers-ceiling-wall-sonance

Hannes - what do you see as an advantage to in ceiling full powered Sonos speakers? I just don't see any advantage.
Why dont you create a built-in speaker for ceiling? would be easy to install in shops

It would need to be powered, and although electrical outlets are allowed above a suspended ceiling, a permanently mounted flexible power cord is not (at least by US code). Better off using low voltage wiring from a Connect:Amp to passive ceiling tile speakers.