Question

Bridge Removal Tool.

• 30 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi

i am trying to remove my old bridge and Connect from my system and install a new Move.  But no matter what I do.  The Bridge Removal Tool potion in the System Tools section does not seem to be available.

Any suggestions as to how I can remove my old bridge and install the Move on my system?

regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @duelists4816.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out.

I would like to share to you some guides and links on how to get things taken care of.

1. Here is the complete guide on how to completely remove the Sonos bridge from your Sonos system. Please follow the guide accordingly.
  2. to better understand on how to add the Sonos Move, we need to understand first what is the light status on the Sonos Move. 
  3. Just in case the Sonos Move has a white light, for you to be able to add the Sonos Move to the existing Sonos system, we may need to reset the Sonos Move to it’s factory state. Here is the link on how to reset you Sonos device
  4. Once the Sonos move is ready to be added to the existing Sonos system, here is the guide on how to add product on the Sonos app.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Thanks for responding.

I have tried to use the Bridge a Removal Tool but the option simply isn’t there when I go into my S1 app Setting option.  M not sure what else I should be doing but no matter what I do or where I go.  The Bridge Removal Tool option is not available for me.

thanks

ben

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @duelists4816.

Thanks for the Immediate response.

I would like to recommend the following guide if you are planing to upgrade from the S1 to S2 Sonos app.

If the guide provided does not apply to your situation, Let me share to you the step by step process.

1. Open the sonos app and follow the guide on how to switch from wired set up to wireless set up.
  2. Unplug the bridge from router and from power.
  3. Unplug connect from power
  4. Add product on the sonos app by following this guide.

Please let me know how it goes. We’re always here to help out.

Thanks,

Many thanks for the update

ill give this a go and respond if I have any issues.

thanks again.

ben

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @duelists4816.

Thanks for the response.

Let me know how it goes. I hope everything goes well.

Thanks,