Bluetooth speakers from Connect Amp

• 30 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have a Connect Amp feeding into a switch box that selects between two pairs of speakers. I also have a pair of Bose Soundlink Revolve+ Bluetooth speakers for portable outdoor use. I'd like to have the option of playing the same music through the Bose speakers as through the Sonos.

Could any of you folks recommend the best way to achieve this, if it can be done?

I am wondering about parallel wiring out of the Connect Amp a Bluetooth transmitter that has speaker level inputs, if such a thing exists. Or perhaps inserting some sort of adaptor between the Connect Amp and transmitter to convert speaker level to whatever the transmitter accepts?

My concern is with impedance, which I don't fully understand. The speakers connected to the switch box are a pair of 6 ohm nominal impedance Mission Cyrus 780s and a pair of standard ceiling speakers (I assume 8 ohms). I think Sonos say that speakers connected in parallel must be 8 ohms or else the Connect Amp could be damaged.

I'm unsure what the impedance implications would be of connecting a Bluetooth transmitter under either of the options I'm considering.

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi philmary

To accomplish what you want this may work: :?

1. BT Transmitter/Receiver that can accept a cable that is 3.5mm out to RCA input (Connect: AMP) or RCA out to RCA input (Connect: AMP)
2. Source device must Connect/Transmit to two BT devices simultaneously like a Samsung Galaxy S9 (iOS devices can connect to; but not transmit to two devices simultaneously)
3. Place your Bose Sound link Revolves +BT into Party mode
4. ALL music must be resident on; or stream directly to the source device.
5. The Sonos App can only be used to adjust volume level of speakers connected to the Connect: AMP.
6. Volume of the Bose Sound links must be controlled by direct interface

Cheers!
AjTrek's solutions works, but again, Sonos won't be the source of your music. You're essentially using your Connect:amp as a regular amp.

Another option would be to get a CONNECT although with a Bluetooth transmitter. With that option, you can play the same or separate music from your CONNECT:AMP.

A third option (which you probably won't like) is to forget the Bose, get wired outdoor speakers and a 4 speaker switch with impedance matching and volume control.

Or forget the Bose and get a single or pair of play:1s (or Sonos Ones) that you take outside when you want them.

In short, there isn't a good way you can cheaply link your Sonos and Bose without losing some functionality.