Blue Note Play:1

Just tried to order one... and tried, and tried again, and again - kept timing out, "contact sales directly to complete your order". Tried calling, busy, busy, busy....

Looks like these are going to sell out very quickly...

Still trying...

21 replies

Userlevel 2
Yup... I've also been trying and cannot order online. Their phone line is also busy for me.

It also looks like they took the Blue Play:1 offline (you can no longer add it to your cart).
Userlevel 1
There was a tweet or a Facebook post apologizing for the online ordering system not working, so I don't think anyone has managed to order one.
Userlevel 2
Looks like the site is back up.

After a couple of attempts, I managed to finalize an order for one.
Back from lunch, now they're Sold Out. 😞
Userlevel 2
Really? I just tried adding it to my cart and it let me do it. I didn't go through with the entire purchase, however.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
now they're Sold Out.
- Reckon you swerved a bullet there, even if you like the colour scheme the price premium was just not worth it! 😃
So frustrating. I spent over an hour trying to order a pair. Both on line and via phone. When I finally got through on the phone to an automated recording, the only thing it allowed me to do was leave a message in the general message box. Finally after an hour of trying the web site removed the two units I had in my cart and said I had to order by phone. Right. I realize it's the same old Play1 with a cool paint job, but I still feel a little cheated by a company I have supported for quite some time. (I not only use Sonos, but I sell it as well.) Bet I never get a call back from them.
Userlevel 2
So frustrating. I spent over an hour trying to order a pair. Both on line and via phone. When I finally got through on the phone to an automated recording, the only thing it allowed me to do was leave a message in the general message box. Finally after an hour of trying the web site removed the two units I had in my cart and said I had to order by phone. Right. I realize it's the same old Play1 with a cool paint job, but I still feel a little cheated by a company I have supported for quite some time. (I not only use Sonos, but I sell it as well.) Bet I never get a call back from them.
I had the exact same experience. After waiting for weeks for the chance, I am disappointed and left with a negative taste.
Userlevel 2
I guess I should consider myself lucky. However, I too was not pleased with the whole process.
Oh, well.

Guess the instant sellout proves that Sonos is as cool as Apple. 😃
Userlevel 2
Yes, I was actually quite surprised with how fast it sold out, considering the somewhat negative criticism I've read elsewhere.
I'm sure many of them will end up on ebay at $400 each.
I'm sure many of them will end up on ebay at $400 each.

Ha! Cheapest is $450 BIN. 😃
Follow up:

I received an email (and even a phone call) from Sonos in response to the email I left yesterday. It turns out that they wisely set a few Blue Note Play 1s aside for people like me who tried but were unable to order them. Long story short ... I've got a pair on the way! My thanks to Sonos for the follow up. I love to see a company do what they can to take care of their loyal customers. And yes, I realize I just spent an extra $100 for a paint upgrade ... and was happy to do so.
Ha! Cheapest is $450 BIN. :D

Unbelievable.
Userlevel 2
Follow up:

I received an email (and even a phone call) from Sonos in response to the email I left yesterday. It turns out that they wisely set a few Blue Note Play 1s aside for people like me who tried but were unable to order them. Long story short ... I've got a pair on the way! My thanks to Sonos for the follow up. I love to see a company do what they can to take care of their loyal customers. And yes, I realize I just spent an extra $100 for a paint upgrade ... and was happy to do so.

That's really great to hear. I just opened the box today... looks really cool and will go well in our baby room. Kinda wish I bought two!
That's really great to hear. I just opened the box today... looks really cool and will go well in our baby room. Kinda wish I bought two!

Kinetic,

Let me know ... [Moderator edit]

Sorry, we don't allow selling on these forums, but feel free to establish contact with each other through PM's.

---

A suggestion: When selling a used unit, factory reset the unit before shipping to the new owner. Otherwise the new owner might inherit the music service registrations and the music library will become a tangled mess. The new owner should also factory reset before connecting the unit to the existing system -- just in case the former owner did not factory reset.
Badge
Maybe Sonos could make a Black Zoneplayer..
Maybe Sonos could make a Black Zoneplayer..

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_870CPSZP90/Flexson-ColourPlay-Skin.html?tp=6255&awkw=100624348585&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=58181960305&awdv=c
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Kinetic,

Let me know ... [Moderator edit]

Sorry, we don't allow selling on these forums, but feel free to establish contact with each other through PM's.

---

A suggestion: When selling a used unit, factory reset the unit before shipping to the new owner. Otherwise the new owner might inherit the music service registrations and the music library will become a tangled mess. The new owner should also factory reset before connecting the unit to the existing system -- just in case the former owner did not factory reset.

How do you factory reset again?

If I do it in my house before I sell it, it won't affect the rest of my Sonos devices or saved settings will it?
How do you factory reset again?
Remove power from the unit in question.
Press and hold the Mute button (Play/pause on PLAY:1).
Reconnect to power.
Release the button when the LED flashes amber.
When green flashes the unit has been reset.

If I do it in my house before I sell it, it won't affect the rest of my Sonos devices or saved settings will it?
Reset only the unit you wish to dispose of. This will detach it from your system and clear its settings. Other Players in the system will remain unaffected.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings