Blown Bass on Play 5?

• 27 July 2017
  • 7 replies

I have a Play 5 that, I think, has blown the bass. In the low range of songs played loudly (not full volume), I get bad vibrations. Is there troubleshooting I can do? Anyone else experience?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

HI csrussi, Welcome to the Community.

Does it happen across all sources, and have you tried a reset and then don't tune it and does the issue persist? I have created a support ticket for you and emailed the details to your Community registered email.

Do let us know how you get on, thanks
I have a Play 5 that, I think, has blown the bass. In the low range of songs played loudly (not full volume), I get bad vibrations. Is there troubleshooting I can do? Anyone else experience?
I'm having the same issue as of yesterday. Were you able to resolve this with a software fix or reset?
Hi, I have 2 x Play:5's and have a similar problem. It still plays ok but just the tweeters. I have tries changing the eq setting to full base and no treble but it still sounds the same. The other one is working well and has a full base sound. Does this mean that it has lost/blown the base speaker?
This happened to me. Read other forums - it’s a design fault that’s happened to a lot of People. After contacting support and sending diagnostic I was offered a replacement for £350!. No fix offered or advice on how to fix it. Think i’ll Spend my money elsewhere as a replacement could just do the same. Shame as I liked the products but no more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Halfalaugh: According to your support ticket, we offered an upgrade (not a replacement) to a PLAY:5 Gen 2 from your PLAY:5 Gen 1 that was registered in 2010. If you happen to change your mind, simply reply to the message from the technician you were in touch with. We are happy to help.
I am having the same issue. can i get offered an upgrade?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
jigarsd: In order to have a unit replaced, you will need to contact our support team and they will be able to determine your options.