Question

Blown bass on Play:1

We have a Play:1 at work and the other day the bass on the speaker blew. Seems odd that the volume control on such a compact system could blow the speaker. Is there any way to get it fixed or get credit towards a new one?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
James

Your contract is with whoever sold you the unit. Especially as it sounds like (no pun intended) they must have known they were selling you a pup.
anyone know where i can get broken sonos speakers?
mattroten,
are you looking for speakers to rehab? I've got one
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ebay Search on Sonos and select the Parts / Not Working tick box.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Sonos-Home-Speakers-and-Subwoofers/14990/bn_8139056?LH_ItemCondition=7000
Badge
Just wondering....will Sonos sell you parts so you can do your own repair?
I have never seen them do so.
Badge
Too bad....would like to pick up a play 1 for the garage or patio....thought maybe a broken one and then do the repair. But even the broken ones seem to ask a lot of money....with no parts support....have to ca
Badge
......cannibalize from two or more
Had something wrong with one of my Play: One speakers (sounded like a blown cone). Called Sonos support (they logged my place in line and called me back, very convenient). I sent diagnostics and restarted the speaker while on the phone. The tech said my network looked very clean, and after hearing the startup tone, he immediately initiated a free replacement. Total time 10 mins and my replacement is already on the way. Couldn’t have been easier.