Answered

block others using Sonos roam without my permission

• 27 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I recently bought a second Sonos roam which I love. However I’m concerned about security & privacy. 

I was listening to music using my iPhone which  was connected to my Sonos roam via Bluetooth. Frustratingly my neighbour was able gain unauthorised access and mess around with the volume and the play / pause button remotely without my permission. 

He does not have access to my Wi-Fi and we are not acquaintances. 

How has he gained access to control my Sonos speaker? Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening again? 

Many thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 27 August 2022, 03:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If it happens again submit a diagnostic and contact Sonos support with the number and see if they can tell how your neighbor is accessing the speaker.

If he’s accessing it while you’re playing it via Bluetooth, that suggests he’s been able to connect to it directly in the past, by pressing the button on the back of the Roam while it was in ‘pairing mode’. I’d certainly suggest a factory reset of the Roam to erase its ‘memory’ of his connection, and not give him a chance to reset up his Bluetooth connection. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Based on what did you conclude it was your neighbour?