Beware. Sonos Move Paint

• 1 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Heads up. The paint on the black Sonos MOVE easily comes off. We have had it around the house under normal use. This is the result. I recall in the demos the drop and water effect. I struggle to understand  why the paint falls off. Support said this was cosmetic and not their problem. Hard pill to swallow Sonos. Letting everyone know to be careful with Sonos “rugged” device that is designed to “move”. 🙁

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The pattern suggests there was a “splash” of some sort that weakened, removed, or covered the original paint. Is this possible in your case? You may be able to confirm traces of this splash if you shine a light through the grille and inspect the speaker inside (this will not be very easy).

I also notice come clogged holes. (outlined here in yellow)

The pattern suggests there was a “splash” of some sort that weakened, removed, or covered the original paint. Is this possible in your case? You may be able to confirm traces of this splash if you shine a light through the grille and inspect the speaker inside (this will not be very easy).

My buddy has one and if you carry it one handed with your arm extended down, the grill would be against the carrier's body, and/or leg..This is a stretch but I  wonder if rubbing while carrying it could have caused it. Slightly abrasive clothing, maybe grommets on jeans etc

We keep this in the bathroom counter most of the time for charging. Could it be the steam from the shower? 

We keep this in the bathroom counter most of the time for charging. Could it be the steam from the shower? 

I would expect it to be more chemical related.  Perhaps toothpaste or some other bathroom liquid/gel?