Answered

Best speakers for TV and shows

• 16 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I am already invested in the playbar. While i love it, i still feel i can get better voice quality for the intense shows we like to watch on netflix. :):)
Any any one suggest what else do i need to buy to augument the voice clarity.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 October 2018, 22:12

Hi jaijazz

There are no other direct connect speakers that will augment the Playbar. However some say that they prefer the Playbase or Beam; which is a personal preference. The best advice I can give is:

1. Use TruePlay in the Sonos app to tune the Playbar (provided you have or can borrow an iOS device)
2. Add a Sonos sub to handle the low-end which allows the Playbar to handle the dialog and just makes things sound better overall.
3. Adding surrounds will help with movie content, but may not do much for general broadcast TV...then again in the US a lot of action programming has an effects track (albeit not movie quality).

Cheers!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi jaijazz

There are no other direct connect speakers that will augment the Playbar. However some say that they prefer the Playbase or Beam; which is a personal preference. The best advice I can give is:

1. Use TruePlay in the Sonos app to tune the Playbar (provided you have or can borrow an iOS device)
2. Add a Sonos sub to handle the low-end which allows the Playbar to handle the dialog and just makes things sound better overall.
3. Adding surrounds will help with movie content, but may not do much for general broadcast TV...then again in the US a lot of action programming has an effects track (albeit not movie quality).

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think the Beam does better than the Playbar when it comes to the vocals. Because the Beam doesn't project as much other sound. But musically I'm not a Beam fan. It is good once you Pair Some surrounds and sub (the way I have it now and its great).

Have you put it in voice mode in app and you could try lowering bass or increasing treble in room settings.