Question

Best Buy Trade up

• 12 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Does anyone have experience with the trade-up program through Best Buy? They are offering a 30% discount, similar to the Sonos (direct) trade-up. I wonder if you could purchase a valid older/used Sonos product on eBay and trade it in at Best Buy to get the 30% coupon.

Sounds like when you go through Best Buy, the old Sonos gear doesn’t need to be on your Sonos account. I wonder if Best Buy is actually checking serial numbers to confirm that the item hasn’t already been “recycled.” I asked Best Buy customer service rep and she wasn’t aware of any “serial number checking” on their end. She said Best Buy will take possession of the old device and recycle it...as opposed to going through Sonos direct, where, from what I understand, they essentially brick it through software and you keep the item as a fancy paper weight...or use/sell for parts.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/conditional-offers/sonos-recycle-offer/pcmcat1570646177493.c?id=pcmcat1570646177493

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The link appears to be down and there is no additional information available. Any ideas if you are holding a recycle redemption certificate from bestbuy?