Beam issues

• 15 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello. I have just bought a Sonos beam. I also have a play 5, play 3 and a play 1. When watching tv the beam works fine on its own. But when I group the other speakers to beam while watching tv the other speakers keep cutting out intermittently. It only happens with tv, while grouped and listening to music they are fine.

I have tried changing from hdmi arc to optical but it didn’t help. I have reset the router and didn’t help. I have also tried watching video through the PlayStation and the tv itself (freeview) but the problem still occurs.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If your other speakers are cutting out to me that means your network is having trouble keeping up with the bandwidth. It doesn't have anything to do with the source into TV or the cabling (stick with the HDMI connection).

With that many Sonos speakers I would highly recommend hooking one speaker up to your router (hopefully one is near it) and running Sonosnet to get all music network traffic off your home wifi and onto Sonosnet. Sonosnet makes Sonos highly reliable in these circumstances.
Thanks for your reply. I have the play 5 wired already. How do I setup sonosnet?
Userlevel 7
Hi neilhewitt1

Please check the following as indicated in the link and reply back: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3237?language=en_US

Cheers!
Here it is. I’ve also been sent a new play 5 as the other one was deemed faulty and still under warranty. After first setting it up it worked perfectly but then speakers started to stutter again when grouping them with beam.