Answered

Battery drains fast

• 15 May 2021
  • 4 replies

I recently got the Sonos move in February 2021 but the battery drains really fast. After 6hrs of continuous use instead of the normal 11-14hrs. I’ve tried contacting customer service and after submitting a bunch of diagnostics, they haven’t responded back which is very disappointing and poor. Anyone with a suggestion to improve battery life? Is the unit defective?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 May 2021, 09:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Move’s battery will last for up to 11 hours of uninterrupted playback. Pausing, volume level, Bluetooth, heat exposure, and other factors will cause battery life to fluctuate.

Apparently the problem seems to be that the move switches itself back on when off the charger and drains the battery. This is an absurd situation and it needs to be corrected. I bought this speaker a couple of weeks ago and it keeps disappearing from my device list and then I discover that the battery is at zero even thought it was fully charged and turned off a couple of days prior. This is an engineering fail. Sonos needs to fix it. Off should mean off, not standby or wake up when I feel like it to drain the battery.

Having exactly the same problem; fully charge my Roam and within days with zero use battery is back to zero.  Is there a solution yet?

Thanks

In most cases, that’s due to the device being put to sleep, rather than being turned off. In a “sleep” state, the system is always looking for a signal to “wake up”, which does take power. When completely turned off, there’s no “watching” going on, and it requires a button press to start the device.