Answered

Audio format in settins/about my system

• 12 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Does  the Sonos app now not show what audio format is being used? It used to be there but I can’t see it on my setup now.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by neilandjan 12 November 2019, 19:16

Ok. Panic over.

I decided to re-boot everything. And it is now showing the format.

Sorry to waste your time. I should have done that first. After all, with modern technology the ultimate solution is usually to “unplug and re-plug” first.

View original

5 replies

The controller only displays the file format if:

• an online service provides it (Deezer HiFi does, but none of the other majors do as far as I know)
  • a local library is browsed by the Folders view and filenames are visible

We once used to be able to access an internal player log which would reveal this information, but that’s now been withdrawn from view.

A further thought: were you in fact talking about the TV input format for a Home Theatre player, rather than music files? That’s still there, in Settings/System/About My System.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was meaning the TV input format. And, no, its not showing on mine. But it did some time ago.

So… you go to About My System and scroll down to the main HT player and the ‘Audio In’ field is empty?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

exactly

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Ok. Panic over.

I decided to re-boot everything. And it is now showing the format.

Sorry to waste your time. I should have done that first. After all, with modern technology the ultimate solution is usually to “unplug and re-plug” first.