Answered

Audio cutting out

• 17 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Whenever I play ps4 and play a first person shooter game, and fire a automatic gun, the audio cuts out when I shoot and the audio comes back 1 second later when I stop shooting. And that same thing happens every time I shoot. Weird and very frustrating. I have a beam, and sub and to play 5s
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 March 2019, 22:09

My guess is that you don't have the PS4 locked down to Dolby Digital, and that particular sound is being send in a different format. I've seen that before on sports programs, where the program itself is in Dolby Digital and plays fine, but when the bottom scroll bar or a commercial comes on, the sound format changes to something like DTS, or Dolby Digital Plus, and causes the Sonos not to be able to process the signal. Took me a long time to figure that one out.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

My guess is that you don't have the PS4 locked down to Dolby Digital, and that particular sound is being send in a different format. I've seen that before on sports programs, where the program itself is in Dolby Digital and plays fine, but when the bottom scroll bar or a commercial comes on, the sound format changes to something like DTS, or Dolby Digital Plus, and causes the Sonos not to be able to process the signal. Took me a long time to figure that one out.