Answered

Apple Mag Safe to charge Sonos Roam SL?

• 3 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Roam SL, which I am very new to, therefore I have a lot to learn? 

I have an Apple Mag Safe charger which I use for my iPhone 13.

Is it safe for me to use this Mag Safe charger for my Sonos Roam SL, please?

icon

Best answer by ratty 3 September 2022, 18:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What is the voltage and amperage on that charger? It will either work fine, or not work at all. It wouldn’t damage the Roam. 

The Roam works with any Qi compliant charging pad. 

Edit to add: @Airgetlam is probably more on track, assuming the query is about the charger itself rather than wireless charging. 

The definition of ‘magsafe’ in my mind has been fuzzied recently, and I do live in the Apple ecosystem. Both our statements are correct, I think. 

Hello and thank you both for your response.

I have been working on it myself.

I found this online;

“The MagSafe Charger makes wireless charging a snap. The perfectly aligned magnets attach to your iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, and provide faster wireless charging up to 15W.

The MagSafe Charger maintains compatibility with Qi charging, so it can be used to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later, as well as AirPods models with a wireless charging case, as you would with any Qi-certified charger”

Therefore, Qi certified looks good.

Seems it is ok, and thank you both once again for confirming, much appreciate you taking the time to advise me on this.

No, it’s not wireless.

Great Community.