Question

Apple iPad Pro 12.9"

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
  • Headliner I
  • 1032 replies
This year we will see the release of the new 12.9" Apple iPad Pro, so I thought I would jump in first and ask if the current iPad controller will work on the new iPad Pro or will an update be required to the controller to account for the larger screen size or will it auto fit the new size?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Rumors would be that it will have a much higher resolution If new resolution it will most certainly have a compatibility mode that scales up the app to fit the screen much like iPhone apps do running in tablet. Maybe it will be a resolution that is same as a MacBook and will push for faster development of desktop apps into them new format (love it or hate it).
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Rumors would be that it will have a much higher resolution If new resolution it will most certainly have a compatibility mode that scales up the app to fit the screen much like iPhone apps do running in tablet. Maybe it will be a resolution that is same as a MacBook and will push for faster development of desktop apps into them new format (love it or hate it).
I was thinking that but frankly hate the scale up idea, I don't think the Pro is going to be cheap and wouldn't want to have to scale the controller.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
I'm aware of vector @Chris and as the current controller works (scales) on the iPad Mini, Air and old I think V2 then it should scale with no problems. Just getting the conversation on this going, but an early comment from sonos might alleviate the rush of negative comments on whether the current controller will work on the new iPad Pro.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
good luck 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hey I was having a conversation with you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Example Sonos Comment like:

"Dave thank you for your post.  We do not comment on any future product enhancements but we will notify you here as soon as there is something more to say"

Like that? 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
I know @Chris 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hey everyone,

It looks like the iPad Pro is going to ship with iOS 8.0 according to this site: iPad Pro. If that is the case the current iOS app will likely continue to work on the iPad Pro. Obviously this wouldn't be an optimized experience due to the larger screen. As far as an iPad Pro specific app, we'll have to wait and see.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Hey everyone,

It looks like the iPad Pro is going to ship with iOS 8.0 according to this site: iPad Pro. If that is the case the current iOS app will likely continue to work on the iPad Pro. Obviously this wouldn't be an optimized experience due to the larger screen. As far as an iPad Pro specific app, we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks @Jeff S "Official Rep" That "Champion" @ Chris don't know what he's talking about. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hey everyone,

He was just nicer than me in his wording Dav3stator!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings