App says speaker is not plugged in - but it is and is working- but can't control with app

• 2 December 2018
  • 1 reply

I am a Sono newbie with a Beam and two Ones set up to give surround sound. I have replaced one Beam following a call with Sonos and submitting diagnostics and undertaking a button test. I have set up again with the new Beam and am having the same problem- things work fine for a day or two and then the app gives a message saying it looks like one of your speakers is unplugged- which it is not - lights are on and it is playing TV sound OK - but I can't do do anything on the app. The only way to get the system responding again is to power the Beam off and on again. Frustrating and not something I want to do everyday or so. Is this a common prpbel with the Beam - has any ne else experienced the same and how have they resolved the problem?

I have a Sky Q router and have removed Netgear wifi extenders in case this was causing the problem. Sonos is set up in standard mode.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Bootsmaster. It seems the BEAM is losing its WiFi connection. It will always play audio from the TV, even without a WiFi connection because it's fed via the cable. We can certainly look into it with you though. If you could please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number, this way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.