Answered

App (Android & Windows) volume slider behavior (Sonos Five)

• 1 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am new to the Sonos ecosystem. I am using a Five with streaming and Line-in. On the Sonos app I find that at around 25% on the volume slider the sound is almost imperceptible.I’ve added the screenshot below. This makes it a bit annoying to adjust the volume because the I need to be on the upper end of the slider most of the time and it’s overly sensitive. Effectively I only use the right side of the slider.

Is this the normal behavior? Can it be swapped to something more linear? Is there something wrong with my Sonos Five?

Additional information:

The issue is there for online sources too. Not just line in which I have tried adjusting with the source level settings.

I have not set a volume limit.

I tried the Loudness setting in EQ on and off. I am guessing this just gives a V profile EQ.

Right now I can get around this for the Line-in by setting the Sonos volume to Max and using the hardware control of the device providing the input which is pretty linear but I am not sure if that is ideal for long term use as I maybe driving the speakers amp maxed out at all times.

Thanks in advance for your support.

There is almost no sound at this setting on the slider.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 December 2021, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It might be more helpful if you were to submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution, more so than an anecdotal report, particularly about any potential issues with the device itself. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.