anyone else haing problems with the Move’s batterylife?

• 18 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Mine lasts about 2-3 hours tops. Only a couple of of months old.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Mr Weekend.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and doing the extra mile of providing a detailed description of what the issue is. You were also able to provide some key points to better understand what works and for how long.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to better understand how to get this fixed as this is no longer a normal behavior of the Move and since this is still considered brand new, we may have the chance of replacing the Move if deemed to be faulty.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I cannot touch my Move till  Christmas 😒.

You said your move is a couple months old. Has this always been the battery life or was it better when you first received it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

as this is no longer a normal behavior of the Move

@Paul A , you say this is no longer a normal behaviour of the Move.  Does that mean Sonos have actually done something to resolve the battery issues that have been reported since release?  I've not seen anything mentioned and such threads seem to be skipped by Sonos Support now (huge battery drain when not docked).

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Paul A I have the same question as @sjw - has the move battery drain bug been fixed?

Would be good to know as I will not buy one until this is squashed. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @sjw and @Bumper .

Thanks for reaching out on this topic. Yes, this is not a normal behavior of the Sonos Move, and Sonos is still conducting an investigation. I would still highly recommend my above reply.

Hi @Mr Weekend.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and doing the extra mile of providing a detailed description of what the issue is. You were also able to provide some key points to better understand what works and for how long.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to better understand how to get this fixed as this is no longer a normal behavior of the Move and since this is still considered brand new, we may have the chance of replacing the Move if deemed to be faulty.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

By following my recommendation, Sonos Can conduct an investigation if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. 

I would also like to add some basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. Place the Sonos Move back on its charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app appears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,